Week 13. MKTG 3347 - The Flower Exercise

    
                                                                                

    The flower exercise is a valuable resource for individuals who want to gain a better understanding of themselves. During job interviews, recruiters often ask applicants to describe themselves. Though some may find it easy to do, it can be challenging if one does not fully understand themselves. This exercise can help individuals become more self-aware and identify the jobs that are best suited for them. It can also promote mindfulness and provide new opportunities for individuals to apply their knowledge and express themselves better through a resume. Richard Bolles reminds us to take advantage of the time we have when we are out of a job to learn more about ourselves instead of feeling pressured to find a job quickly. 


     I have been struggling to apply for jobs that align with my niche as I feel insecure about not being good enough. It is challenging for me to describe and promote myself effectively through a resume, and despite having great experience, I often fail to pass the interview process. What Color Is Your Parachute? has so far made me realize that I am not allowing myself to experience my full potential. I have limited my opportunities, and I am not giving myself credit. I have learned to recognize my bad qualities but have learned what great skills I have. Now with this information, I will be able to improve and work on the skills I lack. 


   Each petal in this exercise represents something that an individual desires in their workplace it could be the salary, location, and or industry. By gaining a better understanding of your needs and identifying what matters most to you, you can increase your chances of finding and maintaining the career of your dreams.

Bolles, R. N. (2022). What Color Is Your Parachute? Ten Speed Press.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 - MKTG 3347 - Who am I?

Week 10: MKTG 3347 - Job Hunting

Week 12. MKTG 3347 - Career Changes