Week 6 - MKTG 3347 - Am I Learning?




    Many of us including myself have been in classrooms where we are constantly learning so much new information that by the end of the class there was little to no understanding of the material. During my primary education up until my freshman year of college, I struggled with many learning obstacles. The general studies of math, English, and science were my least favorite and I had the hardest time trying to retain information. But I always found myself excelling in art, cooking, and nontraditional courses. Perhaps because I was good at it without really trying; I was much more open to learning these courses. 

    According to the INC article "New Cognitive Research Shows Gaining Knowledge and Achieving Mastery Come Down to the Rule of 7" by Jeff Haden, any student can learn any subject if they put in the effort and study consistently. My initial ability for math was really low, and I found myself continuously attempting to study the subject in order to pass. Although I would so hard for exams I would fail and have short periods of giving up. The rule of 7 states that by remaining persistent and not giving up, you can succeed in learning information. It will be much more helpful to incorporate these abilities and study efficiently. Find a suitable learning strategy for you and continue to put effort, and not only will you learn the subject but you can master it as well. 


Benedictine offers many resources on finding studying strategies that are best suitable for you. https://ben.edu/academics/academic-support-center/

How to study according to Cornell: https://lsc.cornell.edu/how-to-study/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 - MKTG 3347 - Who am I?

Week 10: MKTG 3347 - Job Hunting

Week 12. MKTG 3347 - Career Changes