Week 11 - MKTG 3347 - Dealing With Challenges

 


Chapter 3

   Majority of individuals are afraid to apply for job opportunities because of their insecurities. However, we all have unique qualities that make us who we are, whether it's a disability, different relationship preferences, or educational differences. In 2020, I had the opportunity to interview for intern programs with Mac Duggal and marketing firms in New York City, but I missed out because I was too shy and felt that I was not intelligent enough. I regret not taking those opportunities, but I have been working on not letting my insecurities hold me back. 

    Our differences are what makes us valuable, and employers are actively searching for diverse people because having different backgrounds makes a workplace much more successful. Employers are not allowed to discriminate based on race, gender, religion, age, disability, and other factors. Many individuals are protected under the law and those who have faced bias should seek legal help, find resources/communities that support them and or try to find jobs that share similar values or support diversity. So when facing challenges remind yourself that most of the time you are no the issue, and never fear looking for help. 

 


Bolles, R. N. (2022). What Color Is Your Parachute? Ten Speed Press.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 - MKTG 3347 - Who am I?

Week 10: MKTG 3347 - Job Hunting

Week 12. MKTG 3347 - Career Changes