Week 2 - MKTG 3347 - A Not So Toxic Platform?

 
Social media has very different opinions some users believe that the app is a great way to connect with relatives, see their favorite celebrities in a different light, and become exposed to new trends. Others believe that social media is very toxic as it may affect a user's mental health, create unhealthy patterns in the user's life, and the possibility of their images being leaked and used for the wrong things. Social media platforms used to be a great way to express yourself. Unfortunately, social media has drastically changed, and cancel culture has become so apparent. There also has been an extreme rise in the misuse of AI; some users have discovered that their posts were being used and altered. Other users have found themselves being shamed and constantly bullied for whatever they posted. 

So the big question... Why do we continue to use social media?

Besides all the toxicity; social media platforms can be fun and many users want to be involved. 
Last year I found myself in a very toxic relationship with Instagram. I would spend several hours just browsing and comparing myself to others my age. This was until I took the steps to take a break from Instagram. I started off by unfollowing those users who made me feel negative and I followed those who inspired me. I also would dislike the posts recommended for me that were not aligned with my goal. My goal was to make Instagram a much more enjoyable place; that would not drain me mentally and prevent a social addiction from happening. These steps allowed me to detox for about 7 months, and I was able to create healthy boundaries for myself.



MediaSpa?

MediaSpa is a new social media platform; its core values align with those who want to steer away from all the toxicity that established platforms have. Not only would it allow users to detoxify but it will also allow users to build genuine connections and share their content safely. Other social media platforms use an algorithm that has created a competition between users who post professionally. MediaSpa will not use an algorithm and instead use resources that will benefit every user; therefore there will not be a need to compete with other users allowing for a healthy environment. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 - MKTG 3347 - Who am I?

Week 10: MKTG 3347 - Job Hunting

Week 12. MKTG 3347 - Career Changes